‘Flappergastet’ is such a great word. For once I have a chance to use it. I submit to several art photography competitions every months, some are juried gallery exhibitions, others are more like real competitions. Yesterday the winners were announced for two of them and, no, I didn’t win. But I made it to the finalists/nominees in five of the seven categories I submitted to.
Five? They didn’t even tell me. I went to the webpage to study the images there. When I got to the category of Invisible Women I found some very familiar images and a very familiar name. I was more than a little excited just to have made finalist. Then I checked out all the categories of the two competitions and at the end I was able to add the following lines to my resumé:
- Finalist/Nominee, Invisible Women Portfolio Category, The Fifth Julia Margaret Cameron Awards
- Finalist/Nominee, Landscape Single Image Category, The Fifth Julia Margaret Cameron Awards
- Finalist/Nominee, Selfportrait Single Image Category, The Fifth Pollux Awards
- Finalist/Nominee, Children Single Image Category, The Fifth Pollux Awards
- Finalist/Nominee, Cityscapes Single Image Category, The Fifth Pollux Awards
– All in a single evening.
As always there is an image with my post. This is from my selfportrait series – finalist in Invisible Women and Selfportrait.